Cats in Boxes

5 lurkers | 97 watchers
Aug 2022
6:53am, 9 Aug 2022
810 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
Glad you know where he is, fraggle. Hope he comes back in soon.
Aug 2022
7:48am, 9 Aug 2022
3,378 posts
  •  
fraggle
Spotted in the garden last night

He’s eaten, had a long drink out of the pond, but wouldn’t come in. At least we know he’s safe 🤞
CK2
Aug 2022
8:22am, 9 Aug 2022
1,333 posts
  •  
CK2
That’s a relief fraggle. Any idea why he won’t come in?
Aug 2022
8:25am, 9 Aug 2022
48 posts
  •  
Hobie
One of my cats has been 'camping out' for the last few weeks: occasionally pops in for food or fresh water but otherwise living outside. Then yesterday I was sitting on the sofa and he sauntered in and slept on my lap for an hour, then went away again. I think the time of year has something to do with it - so much to see, do and smell outside, and I know he has a nice shady spot he sleeps in under the hedge.
Aug 2022
8:28am, 9 Aug 2022
16,818 posts
  •  
Garfield
So glad Monty's back fraggle...hopefully he comes back in again.
Aug 2022
8:30am, 9 Aug 2022
10,130 posts
  •  
sallykate
I still have my neighbour's cat coming into my flat for food. She adopted him when he was a stray, not long ago but he looks quite old. With no outdoor space he doesn't seem to like being there so keeps getting out and knows that our flat is quite accessible for food.

At some point I'll catch him and return him; she knows he's hanging round and has accepted she needs to find a new home for him (but that can't be us!).

Can you put his food by an open door? He might wander in then.
Aug 2022
8:31am, 9 Aug 2022
3,379 posts
  •  
fraggle
CK2 - eldest was trying to lure him back into the house and sat just inside. Monty had front paws in the threshold when something spooked him. He was always very twitchy and now even more so 🙄
Aug 2022
9:13am, 9 Aug 2022
26,254 posts
  •  
Serendippily
I’m glad he’s safe. He might have got injured if he might just like nightlife it is frustratingly hard to tell. But he clearly knows how to get home and get fed
Aug 2022
9:45am, 9 Aug 2022
91,702 posts
  •  
Hanneke
My neighbour's cat has moved into my garden! He sleeps in the food forest and has several cosy nooks/beds under the hedge and shrubs. Apparently, he hasn't been home for weeks and keeps flirting with Lasya 😱 she also seems to quite like him 😱 they are both "done" but there is definitely something between them... I am keeping doors closed when I am not in any of the buildings as he nearly came into my studio the other day! He is gorgeous... But he should go home!
Aug 2022
10:21am, 9 Aug 2022
11,694 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
Our neighbour’s cat, Milo, spends a lot of time in our garden. He and Charlie Dog seem to get along ok as long as Charlie doesn’t try to get him to play chase. He’s a cross-eyed Bengal and I love him!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!