So who won the tour from 1999 to 2005

80 watchers
Jul 2015
10:13am, 16 Jul 2015
5,251 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Spain might have said that but I don't believe them and i'd be surprised if you did!. When you consider that PED's have filtered down to amature sports and the money available in the professional game it would be incredible to think that some of them won't be cheating.

Its interesting that Nadal isn't the player he once was, also that there was an article which mentioned that Barcelona scored a high number of match winning goals towards the end of their matches - when they continued to remain stronger. Maybe not proof of cheating but interesting.
Jul 2015
10:30am, 16 Jul 2015
7,658 posts
  •  
Chrisull
This was what I was referring to:

"...a Spanish court sentenced Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes to a one-year suspended prison term for endangering public health. He will also pay a fine of €15 per day for the next 10 months and will be barred from involvement in sports medicine for four years—although his suspension will not prevent him from general practice. All of Fuentes' computers and some 200 blood bags used as evidence in his trial will—barring an appeal—be destroyed.

In other words, the doctor who has been repeatedly accused of involvement in doping in cycling, tennis and football among other sports has been convicted of a minor offense, will pay a paltry fine and will not see a day of jail time. Any evidence that could at a later time be used against him or the athletes and associations with which he worked will be destroyed.

If this doesn't reek of cover-up, see a doctor."

bleacherreport.com
Jul 2015
11:12am, 16 Jul 2015
13,114 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Basically almost every major Spanish sporting success since 1990 can't be seen as anything other than tainted.
SPR
Jul 2015
7:47pm, 16 Jul 2015
20,519 posts
  •  
SPR
I just did a quick Google of panic room incident, and I see that Serena wasn't subjected to unannounced testing for two years, so hardly surprising that she didn't expect it.

The question should be why it isn't (or wasn't done more often).
SPR
Jul 2015
7:49pm, 16 Jul 2015
20,520 posts
  •  
SPR
it isn't (or wasn't done) more often.
Aug 2015
1:16pm, 10 Aug 2015
13,134 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Rumour/consensus around web is that the British athlete implicated in Sunday Times last week is Paula and she's taken out a superinjunction...

It's definitely a female athlete. Other possibilities are Holmes or Ohorougu
Aug 2015
1:29pm, 10 Aug 2015
4,898 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
That was strongly implied on the Elite Athletics thread.
Aug 2015
1:31pm, 10 Aug 2015
13,135 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Ah. Missed that. Been on hols for the last week!
Nov 2015
8:22pm, 15 Nov 2015
483 posts
  •  
Tonybv9
A bit necro, but I just watched the superb Storyville Lance documentary again. It was on this week on BBC 3 or 4.
Betsy Andreu comes out of it as a proper heroine.
Nov 2015
9:06am, 16 Nov 2015
8,134 posts
  •  
Chrisull
She comes out very well in the Tyler Hamilton book too.

About This Thread

Maintained by fitzer
Given that Lance's wins now don't count.