•  
Son of a Pronator Man
Edinburgh Marathon ran out of medals apparently… bbc.co.uk
28 May
7:46am, 28 May 2024
50,100 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Yeah, I think our own Metro Nome was affected. Very poor show, imho. Edinburgh Marathon (is it still GSi events?) Finding new and innovative ways to stuff up every year! :-) G
28 May
8:03am, 28 May 2024
50,101 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Oh, lol, didn't realise Metro_Nome was actually IN that article! Sorry for your experience N. :-(
28 May
9:50am, 28 May 2024
7,492 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Ach I’m over it now. But I won’t be doing Edinburgh again. Way too many other things wrong. Which is a shame cos the volunteers and supporters were epic.
28 May
10:14am, 28 May 2024
16,118 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
That's so rubbish M_N, sorry to hear that happened.
duo
28 May
1:08pm, 28 May 2024
499 posts
  •  
duo
That's rubbish M_N, you've every right to be upset.

I've ran Edinburgh a few times and every time I've vowed 'never again' due to numerous organisational issues. The first time I ran it was back in 2011, the weather was awful (not their fault) but they ran out of goodie bags, I was devastated. I finally got a t-shirt and medal in the Oct of that year. Took the shine off somewhat.

Another year I ran I believe they had bottles of water stolen and ran out early on in mid 20's heat and it was hellish. I didn't run with a hydration vest back then so really suffered.

Hopefully they get it sorted quickly and you can get your medal.
28 May
3:14pm, 28 May 2024
9,159 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
The organizers will take a punt on how many medals they will need as they know how many entries they expect and how many DNS/DNFs there will be. I expect that the medals are ordered well in advance as they will come from China. I wonder where the medals that the organizers have promised to post out will come from and when they will arrive?
28 May
4:58pm, 28 May 2024
7,494 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
They’ve said they will be here in June to be posted out early July but who knows. They can’t get their story straight- initially they said they hadn’t ordered enough, then something about “not knowing the whereabouts of the missing items”
28 May
6:22pm, 28 May 2024
27,774 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I suspect that 35 000 runners figure is pish, even taking the bairns' races into account. If course, as usual they've made it very difficult to see all the results - one might think they are trying to hide something.
28 May
7:32pm, 28 May 2024
26,786 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
They are shysters. I did boycott their events for a long time.

About This Thread

Maintained by 57.5 Degrees of Pain
A place to discuss all things running related in Scotland.