FOOTBALL

2 lurkers | 162 watchers
29 Sep
8:27pm, 29 Sep 2024
88,489 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Bruno slightly unlucky to see red today, given that he slipped. It all evens out though, as Martinez was incredibly lucky not to get a red for his two-footed jump tackle the other weekend.
29 Sep
8:31pm, 29 Sep 2024
43,896 posts
  •  
Nellers
I thought he was very unlucky in that he slipped which meant his foot was high and studs up when he made contact but that's not the same as thinking the decision was wrong.

By the precedents we've seen he was almost knee high, studs up and without doubt out of control due to the slip. Could have been very nasty if he'd made slightly more contact.
29 Sep
8:57pm, 29 Sep 2024
12,885 posts
  •  
Joopsy
I was there today, decent atmosphere. Id give him the rest of the season purely based on the day out I had in May.
29 Sep
9:01pm, 29 Sep 2024
12,886 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Id say he was unlucky on the basis that Madison took two steps before he remembered that his legs had given way. It wouldn't have changed the result and to be honest it will do Ten Haag a favour In the short term. Bruno has been awful this season and needs dropping for a while but as captain he plays him every week regardless of form. That's three league games he has no choice now, it will interesting to see if Mount gets a run or he persevere with Eriksen.
29 Sep
9:12pm, 29 Sep 2024
21,671 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
Arne Slot is the new messiah
29 Sep
9:19pm, 29 Sep 2024
12,887 posts
  •  
Joopsy
He does appear to be.
30 Sep
12:03am, 30 Sep 2024
3,904 posts
  •  
Fitz
My third trip to OT following Spurs and the first time I’ve seen us win there.

Red card was harsh.
Surprised the Utd penalty shout in the second half wasn’t given.
Apart from that, Spurs deserved the win and the score doesn’t flatter us too much. United were very poor.
30 Sep
5:31am, 30 Sep 2024
12,888 posts
  •  
Joopsy
The score wasn't flattering at all Fitz, it could have been 4-0 at half time.
30 Sep
2:07pm, 30 Sep 2024
2,650 posts
  •  
stuart little
A dour draw for York, and a somewhat fortunate one for the Villa, meant it wasn't the most exciting weekend of football for me.

@Joopsy what the hell went on at worksop - kings Lynn?!
30 Sep
2:16pm, 30 Sep 2024
101,515 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
stuart little wrote:A dour draw for York,

Still up there in 2nd though.

About This Thread

Maintained by Diogenes
Ah, the beautiful game, remember that? Let's put down some jumpers and have a socially-distanced kickabout. Long shots only, and no hugging and kissing.