FOOTBALL

6 lurkers | 162 watchers
30 Sep
8:48pm, 30 Sep 2024
101,525 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
stuart little wrote:True pedros, it's a good sign that good sides are looking to come to the lner for a point tbh

Absolutely, making it tough for the big boys.

GregP wrote:Clarets have got Barnet away in the next round of the FA cup. That’s not going to be pretty.

Never say never, the Bee's may be top of the NL but have a habit of losing games to the teams they should be walking all over.
1 Oct
7:20am, 1 Oct 2024
2,652 posts
  •  
stuart little
Joopsy - given their history I'm not at all surprised that the statement was pure shithousery. They were an odd bunch when they were in NLN.

Decent draw for York in the FA Cup getting Biggleswade, but suspect we'll make it difficult for ourselves
1 Oct
9:48pm, 1 Oct 2024
6,600 posts
  •  
paulcook
Just seen Kings Lynn have had a player sent off and my first image was him wearing black leather gloves!
2 Oct
9:39am, 2 Oct 2024
121 posts
  •  
aussiescall
paulcook wrote:Just seen Kings Lynn have had a player sent off and my first image was him wearing black leather gloves!

Haha. Guilty as charged!
2 Oct
10:56am, 2 Oct 2024
12,893 posts
  •  
Joopsy
paulcook wrote:Just seen Kings Lynn have had a player sent off and my first image was him wearing black leather gloves!

I managed to pick one of his gloves up after he was sent off. 😂

2 Oct
11:02am, 2 Oct 2024
12,894 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Tough night but what a bloody strange set up.

Stewards we're great, tea ladies were brilliant and stayed open right up to the penalties.

Their chairman wrote a programme column that would be fine if he was 7 years old. They announced the home team lineup but not the away, just weird and disrespectful.
They charged £5 to Park on the council pay and display car park that they don't own and is free after 6pm! Some of their fans were ejected near the end for fighting, with their own fans!
Continued singing about dirty northern bas***d's despite them being very sensitive about the fan banter on Saturday.

Very odd club who are clearly run in the image of their very undesirable owner.

That said, I thought they edged it overall and we had the whole of extra time against ten men and should have made it count.

On to the FA Trophy on Saturday now with a horn tie v St Ives Town (the Cambs one).
2 Oct
12:11pm, 2 Oct 2024
4,721 posts
  •  
trumpton riots
I was rooting for your lot, having seen them win in the cup against The Bards. I now have an irrational dislike of Kings Lynn.......
2 Oct
1:25pm, 2 Oct 2024
12,895 posts
  •  
Joopsy
There were some decent people there and the guys stood beside us in the next section didn't bother with us at all, the club owners though are just irrational and loathsome and make no attempt to hide it.
2 Oct
2:20pm, 2 Oct 2024
22,029 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
The people at stock car/ bangers racing track there make the football fans look quite cosmopolitan in comparison :-)
3 Oct
3:07pm, 3 Oct 2024
2,653 posts
  •  
stuart little
Shame to lose that on pens Joopsy, but hopefully you get a way into the trophy.

Decent night for the Villa last night too - good to keep the unbeaten record against Bayern alive and well

About This Thread

Maintained by Diogenes
Ah, the beautiful game, remember that? Let's put down some jumpers and have a socially-distanced kickabout. Long shots only, and no hugging and kissing.