Run Walk Run

95 watchers
3 May
11:02am, 3 May 2024
6,866 posts
  •  
steve45
Fancy seeing you here Gobi! Your Mum is same age as me so great to see her on her way. Hope she enjoys it.
3 May
11:09am, 3 May 2024
190 posts
  •  
MadWelshWoman
Hello all - I have been lurking again for a while - busy life and all that and return to running paused! Now in my 59th year I find myself nursing a hip stress fracture, I was actually walking - well hobbling around on it for a few weeks then it improved a bit by the time I got an appointment for an MRI and now on crutches! Anyway, when the powers that be allow, I fully intend to get back out there and my feeling is that run/walk/run will be the future for me. I have tried it a few times but always end up wanting to run and not walk (in my head), even when my body isn't so sure. I am keen to hear of your experiences in making Run/walk/run work for you :)
4 May
9:28am, 4 May 2024
6,868 posts
  •  
steve45
Two miles in sunshine this morning just doing random walk/runs. Good enough for what I want right now.
7 May
2:57pm, 7 May 2024
875 posts
  •  
Funky Chicken
Hello Run-Walk-Runners. Over the past week I have been run-walking through this thread and have finally caught up. I'm currently a few weeks out from a hamstring pull and have discovered that the 4:30/0:30 run/walk ratio seems to be perfect for me just at the moment. I have blogged a bit about it, so won't do a massive infodump here - no expectation that anyone go and read it, but I thought I would say hello and that I might be joining you here for a while. I hope any injuries people have reported recently are on the mend!
7 May
5:00pm, 7 May 2024
5,726 posts
  •  
lin50
Hi Funky Chicken and welcome
7 May
10:40pm, 7 May 2024
877 posts
  •  
Funky Chicken
Hi lin50, and thanks for the welcome!
8 May
5:58am, 8 May 2024
81,245 posts
  •  
Gobi
steve45 soon she will run more than me
8 May
6:57am, 8 May 2024
5,727 posts
  •  
lin50
3 miles last night using a mix of 30:30 60:30 and the odd 90:30.
It was a bit warm but nice to run in sunshine for a change.
8 May
10:57am, 8 May 2024
878 posts
  •  
Funky Chicken
Yes, definitely noticing the heat a bit more. It was overcast this morning and I wanted to get a walk in before the run, so ended up wearing too many layers and feeling cooked later on.

Was aiming for 30 mins at 4:30/0:30 but felt good despite the heat and ended up extending it to 40 mins. I like being able to flex it in little 5 min increments going off feel, rather than trying to chase down the next mile and then the one after that.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RevBarbaraG
A thread about the merits (or otherwise) and practice of including walk breaks in runs - particularly, though not exclusively, as recommended by Jeff Galloway.

jeffgalloway.com