Bintmcskint
:-)
Aug 2016
11:30am, 14 Aug 2016
575 posts
  •  
Sam Vimes Boots

Other one now thinks she's a gargoyle.

At least the door latches are the way round they are, means they can't escape where they stay at night.
Sep 2016
5:46pm, 13 Sep 2016
16,986 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Beautiful cats are those savannahs really hyperactive?
Sep 2016
12:55pm, 15 Sep 2016
1,032 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
We have had such a palaver with Oreo the last few days. He belongs to the RSPCA and we foster him because he has a bad shoulder. Because he doesn't like being in a cattery, when we went away for a long weekend, the RSPCA shelter wanted to look after him instead of us putting him in a private cattery.

I went to pick him up from the shelter on Monday. He HATES being in a cat cat carrier and, despite me thinking it was secure, he managed to escape as I was carrying it to the car and he promptly vanished into the woods behind the shelter. I managed to get hold of him but he scratched me and got away.

We decided not to try again, instead the shelter staff and volunteers tried to coax him back over the next couple of days. He kept coming back for food but would not be caught. So last night my husband and I went down to the shelter when it was quiet to see if we had better luck. Eventually my husband grabbed him and managed to shut him in a corridor in the cattery building.

From there all hell broke loose. He was so scared, running back and forth as the RSPCA lady tried to get him in a carrier then literally climbing the walls (metal bars) despite his shoulder injury, and pooing whilst he was up there. He really was terrified and I felt so bad.

Eventually he was boxed and we got him home. He was so happy to be back, he wolfed down his food and then cuddled up to us on the sofa, purring and enjoying cuddles, it was like it all never happened. Definitely worth all the stress to get him back!
Sep 2016
1:05pm, 15 Sep 2016
870 posts
  •  
Jubear
That's traumatic! Even if you could've explained he probably wouldn't have been listening
Sep 2016
1:37pm, 15 Sep 2016
4,379 posts
  •  
sallykate
Poor Oreo!
Sep 2016
1:42pm, 15 Sep 2016
581 posts
  •  
Sam Vimes Boots
Yep Steady Edina, they're either going at 1000mph or asleep nothing in between. It's recommended that you start with lower generation Savvanahs as higher generations are too much to handle. Our girls are F6, so right at the low end, we thought we'd be fine with these as my wife's had cats all her life. We are fine with them but would struggle with any higher generation.
That sounds absolutely awful FDNB! Glad it worked out ok in the end.
Sep 2016
8:56pm, 15 Sep 2016
872 posts
  •  
Jubear
Trained killer, that Hobbesy....
Sep 2016
8:57pm, 15 Sep 2016
873 posts
  •  
Jubear
Wrong thread, ffs...
Sep 2016
8:57pm, 15 Sep 2016
874 posts
  •  
Jubear
Wrong thread, ffs...

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...