Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

2 lurkers | 67 watchers
Jan 2016
6:04pm, 7 Jan 2016
68,510 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Apparently they learn from their mum to keep their nest clean. This means lasya was litter trained when she arrived. She was also just over three months old, so had had plenty of time to get to know what it was. Your ones look much younger, so you probably need to teach them. Try catching them in the act and put them on the tray, they will soon get it.
Jan 2016
6:22pm, 7 Jan 2016
745 posts
  •  
panad
k9 could you somehow put some of the wee from the floor into the litter tray and then go through the process of putting them on it often so they associate the litter tray with where to wee? I know the rspca sent us home with a couple of handfuls of wet litter from the trays the cats had used there to put into our litter trays at home to help them realise where to go.
K9
Jan 2016
7:21pm, 7 Jan 2016
1,258 posts
  •  
K9
great ideas guys!

we may be half way there - I came home to the 2 cuddled up in their basket...no wees to find.

one poop in the litter tray and one beside it.

tonight has been a frenzy of eating their own body weight, chasing each other around the kitchen chair, exploring the litter tray but not 'achieving' anything in it....
and now they have disappeared behind the fridge to hide and I can't tempt them out!
Jan 2016
8:32pm, 7 Jan 2016
26,983 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Oh K9 they sound both wonderful and a proper handful. :-)

Bonnie and Clyde are getting bolder though still very jittery.
Bonnie came into the kitchen this evening to demand food (which is a bit rich as I know she ate Clyde's breakfast as well as her own)
Clyde emerged when tempted with a meat stick thing and has been down briefly for proper food

And one of them apparently likes to remove all clothes from any drawer that isn't 100% closed :-)
K9
Jan 2016
8:45am, 8 Jan 2016
1,259 posts
  •  
K9
sounds like you are having fun Bint.
Loving the image of the clothes drawers!

potty training going very nicely now....

Both had a good feed then jumped into the litter tray together for a poop.
I am ridiculously overexcited by this.
Jan 2016
12:35pm, 8 Jan 2016
802 posts
  •  
Jubear
Goods news K9 - and then, as my old boy is proving, twenty years later they *forget* the sanitary arrangements ...
Jan 2016
5:26pm, 8 Jan 2016
644 posts
  •  
beebop
Understandable at that age. We got our two when they were about six months, and they can be a bit too 'creative' about waste disposal. :-(
Jan 2016
5:28pm, 8 Jan 2016
645 posts
  •  
beebop
They're about six years now, and I wish someone had trained them properly when they were kittens. Might be why they ended up at the rescue place.
Jan 2016
5:29pm, 8 Jan 2016
646 posts
  •  
beebop
They are wonderful cats though! :-)
Jan 2016
10:21pm, 8 Jan 2016
2,110 posts
  •  
Cyclops
My cats won't use a litter tray at all. They go out with the dog in the morning and the three of them sit in a row and wee :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...