Electric car anyone?

1 lurker | 73 watchers
16 May
3:05pm, 16 May 2024
50,005 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Translation larkim? You mean like whether the button said "Cancel [payment]" or "Stop [charging]"? And I seem to have got one of my charges for free.

Looks like my ave charge in UK was £35 but in EU was £25. I haven't looked at the exact per kWh charges, I thought they were similar, but first glance, seems to have been cheaper!

5 times out of 8 I just swiped my phone, 3 times out of 8 I used a Shell RFID card. I don't speak Dutch or Flemish (I do speak German and a bit of French though!) :-) G
16 May
6:16pm, 16 May 2024
24,168 posts
  •  
larkim
I dunno, I could see something like "The charge has been interrupted, please reseat the correct cradle" etc adding confusion. Though to be fair, I am actually decent with languages when written down. Just the thought of getting the cable locked in place and can't release, and then having to talk to a French call centre to get it resolved etc An unlikely occurrence (though I've seen it happen), just easier to resolve where there's no language issues.
16 May
9:09pm, 16 May 2024
50,006 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Screens were also multi lingual. :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Nattering about EVs; are you thinking about owning one? Do you own one? Are you terrified of owning one?

A thread for those with range anxiety, eco friendliness and petrol heads alike!

Some current vehicles that Fetchies have:-
HappyG Hyundai Kona 64kWh 240-280 miles range
ev-database.uk
larkim MG4 SE LR 61.7kWh usable (64kWh advertised)
ev-database.org
larkim (Now sold) Peugeot e208 46kWh usable (50kWh advertised) 180-220 miles range
ev-database.uk
ThorntonRunner Pre-facelift MG5 (LR Exclusive). 61kWh, 57kWh usable
ev-database.org
Jenelopy BYD Atto 60.5kWh usable
ev-database.org
Runningbear21 Jaguar i-Pace 84.7kWh
ev-database.org

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.