Daft as a deathmatch (24-06)

23 watchers
2 Aug
8:06pm, 2 Aug 2024
152,789 posts
  •  
GregP
Something has been cocked. Will fix over weekend.

2 Aug
8:07pm, 2 Aug 2024
152,790 posts
  •  
GregP
R2 will be restarted tomorrow
2 Aug
8:25pm, 2 Aug 2024
19,005 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Fix!
2 Aug
9:22pm, 2 Aug 2024
51,174 posts
  •  
Seratonin
Think you missed a trick Greppers. I remember when I was at primary school and went train spotting there was a train known as a Brush. Better known as a Class 47 diesel electric, the name came from the manufacturer being Brush Train Works in Loughborough.
2 Aug
10:27pm, 2 Aug 2024
1,179 posts
  •  
Weath
Seratonin wrote:the name came from the manufacturer being Brush Train Works in Loughborough.

The same site also had Brush Electrical Machines, Brush Transformers and Brush Switchgear.

My old man worked at the latter between 1973-1994, having moved down to the area when Hawker Siddelely started absorbing the Brush Groups from the late 60's and his works in Morecambe were closed.

I've pretty much driven past the site daily for most of my working life and I *think* Transfomers is the only operation now active. I'd have likely have grown up in the North West (born in Lancaster in '72) instead of being becoming a Notts lad if it weren't for 'the Brush' - so there's some sentimentality in this DM for me!
2 Aug
10:29pm, 2 Aug 2024
76,058 posts
  •  
GlennR
'Allo 'allo was a work of genius. Doesn't mean you have to like it of course.

US sitcoms? I (and Madame) love Two and a Half Men.

Many of the British ones I found unwatchable at the time, let alone now. The one that I am disappointed to no longer find even slightly funny is Reginald Perrin.
3 Aug
6:29am, 3 Aug 2024
152,792 posts
  •  
GregP
Sue liked Two and a Half Men. Also likes Modern Family. Which reminds me. Are we classing Boston Legal as a sitcom? Very very fond of that as y’all know.
3 Aug
7:49am, 3 Aug 2024
152,798 posts
  •  
GregP
Sort wasn't picking up the first column
3 Aug
7:49am, 3 Aug 2024
152,799 posts
  •  
GregP
R1G1 corrected result

Toothbrush, a brush designed for cleaning teeth, 18 votes, progresses to next round

Brush Hill Local Nature Reserve, in Buckinghamshire, England, 6 votes, eliminated
Brush Lake, Boundary County, Idaho; a lake of Idaho, 5 votes, eliminated
Brush Turbogenerators, a multi-national holding company for companies that build generators, owned by Melrose plc, 5 votes, eliminated
3 Aug
7:51am, 3 Aug 2024
152,800 posts
  •  
GregP
R1G2 outcome unchanged after review

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
Deathmatch closed 21/08/24
===

GOLD: Basil Brush, a fictional fox on British television

SILVER: Toothbrush, a brush designed for cleaning teeth

BRONZE: Pastry brush, also known as a basting brush, a cooking utensil used to spread oil or glaze on food
BRONZE: Paintbrush, a brush used to apply paint or ink