The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

331 watchers
2:22pm
2:22pm, 9 May 2024
24,075 posts
  •  
larkim
LOL, didn't mean to start that - was just observing that the chart properly reflected at least two different uses of the term tempo!
SPR
6:50pm
6:50pm, 9 May 2024
44,188 posts
  •  
SPR
I love that it was attached to post where Steve Magness was critiquing zone training, lol.

I'm thinking of doubling on long run day (which is likely Thursday in season as Saturday becomes a track day) sometimes if the legs feel good (which might not be often). 11.4 miles including 8 x 1000, 800 rec done earlier and I'll likely do 4.6 later. The long may top out at 13.8 with 10 x 1000, 800 rec during season (won't necessarily always have efforts in them but it's a good way for me to keep in threshold without another session) but hopefully this means I can make it longer when I need to with an eye on doing a The Great Eastern Run HM in October again. I've done 3 16 mile long runs (just easy) since the beginning of March so long conditioning is decent but won't be the focus for the coming months but may do the odd longer one where the schedule allows.

Still a chance I'll be too cooked after a full track season but we shall see.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey or help someone else's! here.

2024 achievers:
Akie: 3:15 @ Rotterdam
allmatthew: 3:09 @ Manchester
Mark J: 3:12 @ Christchurch NZ
PJH92: 3:13 @ London

2024 declarations:
Amsterdam 20/10: charlesvdw
York: 20/10: SJA
Cleethorpes 23/11: riggys