Does anyone not watch TV?

13 watchers
Feb 2021
2:34pm, 1 Feb 2021
37,417 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I love movies. I had over 500 DVDs and would often watch a film even if I had access to TV. Now I still watch more films than I do any TV series, just streamed.
WA
Feb 2021
3:59pm, 1 Feb 2021
8,233 posts
  •  
WA
When I see patients, I always ask for the TV to be turned off, or at least muted- it's such a distraction. There are very few homes I visit where the TV isn't on. Some people don't mind turning it off, but there are a significant number who look at me like I've just asked them to pop out an eyeball and hand it over.
Feb 2021
4:39pm, 1 Feb 2021
21,543 posts
  •  
Meglet
I work in a surgery that has a tv on the ceiling. Some dentists like to have it on the the patients but I find it very distracting, even when it’s silent. I do like the radio on low while working, but only as background noise, not loud enough to hear talking and I’ll turn it down/off for important discussions.
Feb 2021
9:28am, 2 Feb 2021
37,445 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol WA. I am always amazed when I go into a house and TV is on and no one watching - "talking to itself" I used to call it! :-) G
Feb 2021
10:25am, 3 Feb 2021
13,441 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Housemate always has the TV on as "company". Over the years his taste has improved - he used to watch all the soaps (the day he stopped watching Eastenders was great, what utter miserable drivel!), but more recently has embraced Netflix, All4, and iPlayer to watch more things he enjoys, rather than just background noise.

I don't watch all that much TV, although do like a decent quiz show/documentary and the occasional crap (currently enjoying Buffy/Angel on All4, and Allo Allo reruns!), but mostly I'll ignore his screen and either be on my phone or the PlayStation, using headphones if necessary. On the rare occasions he is out, the TV will rarely go on.

Reading some of the stories here, I'm glad I'm single - some of your situations sound miserable, and perhaps conversation is needed!
Feb 2021
10:38pm, 10 Feb 2021
280 posts
  •  
Naughty_nickers
I kind of feel hubby is stalking me here.. the TV has bearly been on when I'm around and if I enter the room he switches it off...

Unless someone had a word πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Feb 2021
7:39am, 11 Feb 2021
51,435 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
That sounds like a result, N_n. I hope you can relax and enjoy it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Naughty_nickers
For people who don't watch TV?!