Sub 3Hr Marathon

1 lurker | 302 watchers
jda
2 May
9:20pm, 2 May 2024
16,999 posts
  •  
jda
I was assuming the start time was bogus and his chip just didn't register anything for the first half. But I hadn't checked how plausible this was. It's just his timings are so obviously wrong it could hardly be a deliberate attempt to cheat. He's hardly going to claim he actually did the first 25k in 75 mins.

He also has a sequence of reasonable times behind him.
2 May
9:28pm, 2 May 2024
6,319 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
Yeah, the start time would have to be an error wouldn’t it. I can’t really believe that it’s an error given that this is top class athlete….
2 May
9:41pm, 2 May 2024
125 posts
  •  
runningowl
This is the guy in question. Problem is…

He’s also not pictured by the photographer until 22k plus. His previous PB was Valencia last Dec in 3:17 and there is a ? About his run there too. It’s not looking good for him.
2 May
9:42pm, 2 May 2024
126 posts
  •  
runningowl
runningowl wrote:This is the guy in question. Problem is… He’s also not pictured by the photographer until 22k plus. His previous PB was Valencia last Dec in 3:17 and there is a ? About his run there too. It’s not looking good for him.
[IMAGE 259787[IMAGE259787]
jda
2 May
9:50pm, 2 May 2024
17,000 posts
  •  
jda
What's wrong with his Valencia run?

may be what you meant?

3:17 ish is certainly good for a V60 but not particularly astonishing.

If he's a cheat he's a rubbish one!
2 May
9:59pm, 2 May 2024
127 posts
  •  
runningowl
jda wrote:What's wrong with his Valencia run? may be what you meant? 3:17 ish is certainly good for a V60 but not particularly astonishing. If he's a cheat he's a rubbish one!

Not 100% sure but the Marathon Investigation website have apparently found something. Sure it’ll come out
2 May
10:38pm, 2 May 2024
2,107 posts
  •  
Mark J 🇳🇿
I just don't understand cheating, at any level. I guess it's just another form of narcissism. Get a great time, regardless of how and then believing that you actually did it. Just wrong.
3 May
6:52pm, 3 May 2024
251 posts
  •  
Charlesvdw
TCS London Marathon surely has to verify results like that ? An age group winner.
3 May
7:01pm, 3 May 2024
5,620 posts
  •  
FergusG
athleticsweekly.com

London have referred the result to their Entries and Data team to investigate but it should not take too long to ascertain with photographic evidence whether there was a chip failure that gave him a later start time than he really did and his chip failed to work on the first half of the race or there is a less satisfactory reason.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by jda
All about hitting the magic 2:xx:yy!
Targets 2024
======
28 April
Newport
Miser 2:45
Boston (Lincs)
Brunski 2:55
======
Results 2024
bunting
medal medal medal medal medal
18 Feb Seville
mattykay 2.58.32
14 April Rotterdam
jomo_richmond 2:43:18
21 April London
Chris 2:39:16
Alun 2:59:28
medal medal medal medal medal
bunting

=====================
Current (2018) thread owner jda, if I go awol then someone else should feel free to take over...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.