Run Walk Run

94 watchers
26 Apr
1:58pm, 26 Apr 2024
748 posts
  •  
Pam runs
steve45 wow 250/180 does sound scarily high. I suppose as long as you can get out and enjoy run/walk is there any real benefit from pushing harder.

You've already been there and got the t shirt with speed and distance. Now is more about enjoying being able to exercise safely.
27 Apr
8:53am, 27 Apr 2024
6,849 posts
  •  
steve45
Yes Pam runs, you are logically right on both counts. I'm still stuck in "best years mode" and fighting against the decline! I enjoy my "outings" as I call them but would be happier still if I could simply run again without having to walk (unless purposely jeffing).

Today's outing of 3.5 miles felt uncannily hard with twenty five seconds enough for running bits! Maybe it was because it was pretty cold out there or psychological because I'm resting on my laurels having done over 100 miles so far this month!
27 Apr
10:36am, 27 Apr 2024
6,529 posts
  •  
jelly
Still limping on day by day! Been doing a mile a day to try and get my swollen foot better but standing supporting at London last Sunday made it worse! I’m just going to pop a couple of ibuprofen tomorrow and hopefully run/walk Boston (lincs) which I’m looking forward to!
27 Apr
12:41pm, 27 Apr 2024
6,851 posts
  •  
steve45
What's the damage to that foot jelly? Fracture or less serious? You should get it checked out. Hope Boston pans out ok.
27 Apr
2:15pm, 27 Apr 2024
749 posts
  •  
Pam runs
jelly hopefully it's nothing serious. With the injuries we have between us we aren't promoting running as a pain free hobby. 😁😁
28 Apr
12:11pm, 28 Apr 2024
5,693 posts
  •  
lin50
Club run on Tuesday and Thursday using random ratios, parkrun yesterday run continuously (just to prove to myself that I can still ‘run’ 5k!) and 10K this morning with some of my jeffing group. First 5k at 40:30 and second 5k at 30:30.
I’ve got Market Drayton 10k in a couple of weeks and I’ll probably do 30:30 as I can run through the downhill bits without messing up my intervals.
29 Apr
8:32am, 29 Apr 2024
6,855 posts
  •  
steve45
A miracle occured?!! Well done jelly, that foot tolerated the miles ok. ....more than ok. Is it better now?
2 May
11:32pm, 2 May 2024
6,543 posts
  •  
jelly
No not better, the freezing cold ankle deep water helped. I have a swelling on the side of my left foot, it’s not too painful really but it doesn’t really like long distance running!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RevBarbaraG
A thread about the merits (or otherwise) and practice of including walk breaks in runs - particularly, though not exclusively, as recommended by Jeff Galloway.

jeffgalloway.com