National Trust - Trust10

15 watchers
31 Jan
6:40pm, 31 Jan 2024
4,718 posts
  •  
StuH
I'm a regular at Polesden. I think it is officially unmarshalled, but one of the volunteers usually manages to get to himself to the two points you are most likely to go wrong in time to see most people.
25 Feb
12:16am, 25 Feb 2024
3,076 posts
  •  
riggys99
Clumber park on Sunday for me again looking forward to it but might be a bit cold
25 Feb
2:59pm, 25 Feb 2024
1,025 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
Didn’t make it out this morning (too much to do at home). I’m hoping to get to one next month.

Hope you had a good run riggys.
25 Feb
11:13pm, 25 Feb 2024
3,081 posts
  •  
riggys99
Didn’t make it out this morning (too much to do at home). I’m hoping to get to one next month. Hope you had a good run riggys.

Thanks i did. Cold morning took a couple of k for hands to warm up. Ended up 50 odd seconds quicker than last month.
25 Mar
7:22pm, 25 Mar 2024
1,029 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
Went to Stourhead yesterday. It's a tough one, with a long hard climb up to the midway point and another one just before the finish. I was fourth or fifth for most of the run; thought I had the other guy beat but he outsprinted me right at the end. Had a long walk round the lake and a look round the house afterwards. A good day out.
FML
24 Apr
8:43pm, 24 Apr 2024
11,249 posts
  •  
FML
Planning on doing Clumber park on Sunday. Noticed on website 'The Trust 10 is becoming very popular and you may experience a delay getting into the park due to the volume of traffic. We would suggest giving yourself extra time so you are here for a prompt start at 9am'

Anyone any experience of this? What is the best time to arrive to ensure plenty of time to park and get to start... Thanks
24 Apr
9:19pm, 24 Apr 2024
26,911 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I’m interested, as I might be doing it at the end of May, so let us know what your experience is, FML
24 Apr
9:31pm, 24 Apr 2024
14,071 posts
  •  
Sombrero
Hi FML, we tend to aim to get to Clumber park itself around 8.30 so we have time to get parked up and wander to the start and have a little warm up.

I won't be there as we're doing a local 10K at Dronfield, but the course at Clumber is lovely.
24 Apr
10:21pm, 24 Apr 2024
3,365 posts
  •  
riggys99
Sombrero wrote:Hi FML, we tend to aim to get to Clumber park itself around 8.30 so we have time to get parked up and wander to the start and have a little warm up. I won't be there as we're doing a local 10K at Dronfield, but the course at Clumber is lovely.

I would agree with this. I find it’s getting busy as we are leaving. The car park is 5-10 minutes walk from the start. The toilets are just behind the start (you know what us runners are like)
Lovely 2 lap course bit of a steady climb after a couple of k and then a nice downhill through the woods. Sometimes a bit of congestion on the bridge if the road blocks are in place.

Free to get in if you’re not a member if you say you are there for the Trust 10k.
I stupidly agreed to do a long day shift on Sunday so won’t be there.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by riggys99
A thread for anyone who has done/is doing or interested in doing the National Trust free monthly 10k runs

nationaltrust.org.uk

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.