Moray Marathon

17 watchers
May 2011
11:54pm, 31 May 2011
338 posts
  •  
RichHL
My first marathon. *shudder* My brother is doing it too and his training has already taken the form of the pear. Any other Fetchies doing this one?
Jun 2011
12:25pm, 7 Jun 2011
477 posts
  •  
RichHL
*hopeful bump*
Jun 2011
12:26pm, 7 Jun 2011
15,747 posts
  •  
Old Croc
probably not running but wiill be spectating - just out for a lunchtime walk on part of course!
Jun 2011
12:40pm, 7 Jun 2011
411 posts
  •  
Gcad
Yes I am planning doing this race, never done it before, although I have done the half marathon. I hear the full marathon course is fairly flat, hope this is true.
Jun 2011
12:49pm, 7 Jun 2011
402 posts
  •  
Scott S
I'll be there for the 4th time. Do enjoy this one (probably because I love Scotland and I was born in Elgin although I live in England)- small field and plenty of space to do your own thing. Only about a dozen spectators usually during the run though ;) Most people you do see will be playing golf, sitting outside a cafe in Lossie or have no idea what you're doing!
Treat it as a long training run. Remember due to the small number of runners (150-200ish), most people come in around the 4hr mark so you may see no-one else running depending on fast you are. You may overtake the odd half marathoner though.

Mostly flat (incline at 1 mile, hill at 2-3ish miles, incline in Burghead and coming into Lossie) and cars generally slow down or go around you.

Always had my name announced at the finish and you can get various sandwiches and drinks at the town hall afterwards (or just pop over to Tesco like I do for a chocolate milkshake).

Parking is free as well next to the town hall.

You pick up your finisher t-shirt in the morning before the race and usually get a medal, carton of juice and a banana when you finish. Should be more people at the finish as a lot of people have families and friends there.
Jun 2011
1:06pm, 7 Jun 2011
479 posts
  •  
RichHL
Thanks everyone! I'll see some of you there.:-)

I'm looking forward to it. My brother has entered as well but I'm not sure he's going to enjoy it so much. I think it'll turn into a fraternal bonding exercise.
Jun 2011
1:09pm, 7 Jun 2011
3,832 posts
  •  
connelld
I've only done half but my friends did Full and they all got PBs.
Jun 2011
1:25pm, 7 Jun 2011
9,348 posts
  •  
Ultracat
The 2 times I have ran this I have managed to PB. It's a nice interesting course with views of the coast, rural roads and a couple of small towns to run through. It's not flat but not too hilly either.
Jun 2011
12:01pm, 8 Jun 2011
403 posts
  •  
Scott S
This is my PB course and hopefully I'll get somewhere near it this year.
Jun 2011
12:30pm, 8 Jun 2011
2,160 posts
  •  
Star x
I'm doing the half - did this race for the first time last year and loved it. Its really nice that the marathon, half and 10k all start at different times and all merge at a certain point - so you all get a chance to run together.

About This Thread

Maintained by RichHL
My first marathon. *shudder* My brother is doing it too and his training has already taken the form ...