TCS London Marathon 2024

50 watchers
23 Apr
11:13am, 23 Apr 2024
1,277 posts
  •  
iaincr
Another one for next year. I got train to embankment this year and then got on train at charring cross, got on before the madness at London Bridge
23 Apr
5:09pm, 23 Apr 2024
1,112 posts
  •  
BK brighter days ahead
Larkim - South Eastern were sending 10 coach trains into London stations from the Dartford area every 6 minutes - most only stopping at one station en route then fast to Blackheath. Never travelled Lon that route so quickly before. I guess that was to make sure there was plenty of capacity north to south.
When we arrived at Blackheath about half a dozen got off on our platform.
The train arriving on the other side was crammed.

23 Apr
7:11pm, 23 Apr 2024
34,971 posts
  •  
Foxy
iaincr wrote:Another one for next year. I got train to embankment this year and then got on train at charring cross, got on before the madness at London Bridge

That's always my route (less than a quarter mile walk even via McDonalds next door) get to Chraing Cross & walk to the far end of train past all those standing in the first 3 carriages & eat your Maccies breakfast sat down in comfort, every future stop is messy !

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
Early start for the 2024 thread.