FishEveryone: the Fetchland swimming wire

94 watchers
20 May
5:16pm, 20 May 2024
1,345 posts
  •  
CasB
Well done GetOutTheDoor, hopefully you'll be back to report many more enjoyable swims!

Another drills session for me this morning, working on stroke timing. It's making me very out of breath but I'm getting there slowly - today was definitely better than my first go last week! So my Eric the Eel badge attempt has been postponed until I've got the hang of it.
26 May
10:13am, 26 May 2024
862 posts
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
Two more reasonable swims to report. Trying to remember to rotate, be long, and have elbows high. Suspect I managed some of that some of the time....

My recently replaced hip always feels amazing after swimming. Apparently it likes the break from gravity.
26 May
10:20am, 26 May 2024
68,133 posts
  •  
LindsD
Excellent
26 May
6:12pm, 26 May 2024
1,353 posts
  •  
CasB
That sounds great GetOutTheDoor, and glad it's helping your hip too.

Question for other short-sighted swimmers - any experience with, or recommendations for, prescription goggles? I can see well enough without glasses or contacts for general pool swims but add in a bit of goggles misting up and I end up fairly blind - telling the difference between the buoys in the lake this morning got challenging! Don't want to swim with contacts for hygiene reasons.

Experience with the various anti-misting remedies also welcome :-)
26 May
7:08pm, 26 May 2024
4,177 posts
  •  
Oranj
For anti-fogging, I recommend Johnson's baby shampoo. You need the tiniest smear on the inside of the lenses, and give it a small rinse before you get in the water to spread it evenly.

To give you an idea of how little you need: Here's my bottle after 6 year's use in March 2020

and today after 10 years
26 May
7:08pm, 26 May 2024
4,178 posts
  •  
Oranj
[I swim, on average, twice a week]
26 May
7:10pm, 26 May 2024
68,134 posts
  •  
LindsD
I have prescription goggles but I have to say I mostly swim in contacts. I know it's not advisable.
26 May
7:31pm, 26 May 2024
8,880 posts
  •  
KatieB
I love my prescription gogs.

Speedo Aquapure. Game changer.
26 May
9:17pm, 26 May 2024
36,117 posts
  •  
Sushi
I'm with Katie B.

Had them for nearly a year.

Total game changer and don't fog up much either

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
A bit of TI, a bit of SwimSmooth, a lot of Fetchie support, advice and bants

---

Thread Bookshop:
* The Swimming Drill Book: waterstones.com
* SwimSmooth: waterstones.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.