Runners in or from Cornwall and Devon

6 watchers
6 May
4:59pm, 6 May 2024
2,454 posts
  •  
Shades
Chrisull No, it's the other way round. Starting from Clearbrook running down to Coypool is downhill, then uphill on the way back.

Event has now been changed and it's now 4 out and backs. That's a shame, don't know why they've done that, maybe to cut out a drink station and helpers required as they'll only need one drink station for the new route.

It's a lovely route for training, I'd be very happy if that was close to my home.
7 May
9:53am, 7 May 2024
21,419 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Ah ok, yes it's many years since I marshalled it. I work in Estover, right at the top of the hill that leads to the train station.
7 May
9:54pm, 7 May 2024
3,193 posts
  •  
Muttley
The Godrevy 10k is a tough race. Some sandy up and down trail, along a soggy beach as the tide goes out, through the Red River, then up to the top of the headland and back past the lighthouse, as the sun sets behind it. Glorious views. I made it a very generous 10k, about 6.5 miles, but that's okay. Starts and finishes at the Rockpool (used to be called the Sandsifter). Great fun!

11 May
11:58am, 11 May 2024
3,203 posts
  •  
Muttley
Got a singlet out for the first proper summer run this morning, to Hayle harbour and along the trails and towans. Very warm, sea like a millpond. Lovely.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Muttley
Are we numerous on this 'ere forum? Is there anything to chat about, once we've agreed that in Kernow we have the jam first and the truth?

And is anyone else doing the Saltash Half tomorrow?