FetchPoint: The Game

3 lurkers | 280 watchers
18 May
12:31pm, 18 May 2024
14,705 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I got very lucky today as I had one bug left to clear yesterday. It was nowhere near the rest of the bugs so I was hoping that today's bug would be close by. In the end it wasn't BUT yesterday's bug expired so I ended up with just one bug to clear anyway :-)
18 May
1:22pm, 18 May 2024
3,231 posts
  •  
Flatlander
That expiry was good timing. :-)
10:25am
10:25am, 19 May 2024
3,232 posts
  •  
Flatlander
The "airfield runways" lines have appeared again on the OSM Fetchpoint, Conquercise and Route maps, although this time there are not so many.
11:53am
11:53am, 19 May 2024
17,251 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Does anyone know the details on flowers? Ie when they get created, how often they need to be watered, how the scoring works etc? I need to optimise my strategy!
12:53pm
12:53pm, 19 May 2024
3,246 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
*takes deep breath - this could go on a while*

As your run/cycle route is processed, the hamsters check every half mile whether or not you're inside an owned circle - if you are, nothing happens. If you're not, and there's nothing else already on that spot, a flower is 'planted' earning you one point. If there is something there, nothing will be planted.

Once planted, a flower will live for 28 days without watering at which point it dies.

If, during the 28 period, you create another activity passing over one of your own flowers, the hamsters will consider 'watering' it. If you pass within one day of planting, the chances of watering are 1/7 increasing to 2/7 on the second day and so on up to guaranteed watering after a week. The flower will increase in value by two points (you'll earn three then five then..) at each watering up to a maximum of 20 points. The 28 day 'life' is refreshed at each watering.

Six weeks after first planting, assuming it's been watered successfully in the interim, the flower will be 'harvested' and you'll earn its value at that time.

Note that it is theoretically possible to overwater your flowers. If you water them so frequently that they achieve their maximum 20 point value within the first two weeks after planting then they will die 28 days after the final successful watering before being harvested. In practice, I doubt this happens very often.

Should you pass over a flower planted by somebody else, you will 'pick' it earning you and the owner/planter the value at the time of picking. The equivalent happens if somebody else passes one of yours.

There's likely some other subtlety/nuance I've forgotten but I think that will do for starters.
12:58pm
12:58pm, 19 May 2024
17,254 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Great summary, thanks. So optimal routes would be to do the same route once a week for 4 weeks minimum then you will water all flowers planted. I guess you have to keep going because each subsequent travelling of the same route might plant new flowers.
1:17pm
1:17pm, 19 May 2024
68,998 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
The same route slightly offset would be ideal because you can't plant another flower on top of one of your own flowers so you want to hit the half and full miles at different points to maximise the density of your flowerbed.
1:38pm
1:38pm, 19 May 2024
41,143 posts
  •  
Ness
Good tips. Thanks. While I'm on here. Can I ask a quick question? A reminder for me, please. If I've squished all my bugs, as I did this morning? Do I get bonus points? Do they appear the next morning?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.