The Munros - Complete Rounds, Ramsay Rounds, Day Trips

45 watchers
4 Jun
9:48am, 4 Jun 2024
450 posts
  •  
SimonF
paulcook She's the second woman to do all four (including the Denis Rankin in NI), and the 7th woman to do the "Big Three". Her support on the last leg consisted of three of those women (plus her), including Kirsty Hewitson who was the first to do all four rounds last year!
4 Jun
9:52am, 4 Jun 2024
5,086 posts
  •  
paulcook
That's excellent. Very well done.

Not sure I'd heard of the Denis Rankin, though I was probably aware one existed in Northern Ireland.
4 Jun
10:02am, 4 Jun 2024
451 posts
  •  
SimonF
paulcook I'm not sure if you've been to the Mournes, but they are beautiful. The Rankin Round is the easiest round in terms of distance and ascent, but it packs in a lot of great running.

It also starts and finishes in a seaside resort which makes it a good place for a holiday before and after the round!

4 Jun
10:03am, 4 Jun 2024
452 posts
  •  
SimonF
(sorry, off topic for the Munros)
4 Jun
10:05am, 4 Jun 2024
16,136 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Wow well done to your wife, that's amazing!
4 Jun
10:36am, 4 Jun 2024
5,726 posts
  •  
Ally-C
That’s an outstanding achievement for your wife SimonF, cap well and truly doffed.
4 Jun
10:41am, 4 Jun 2024
5,727 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Anybody know the background of Charlie Ramsay? A black guy from Edinburgh must’ve been very unusual for a hill runner in his day.
K9
4 Jun
10:21pm, 4 Jun 2024
1,393 posts
  •  
K9
I absolutely LOVE that photo SimonF.
Massive congrats to your wife on her achievement.
5 Jun
11:19am, 5 Jun 2024
41,278 posts
  •  
halfpint
That CMD photo is amazing.
5 Jun
11:32am, 5 Jun 2024
453 posts
  •  
SimonF
halfpint, K9, This was taken by Kirsty Hewitson, one of many great photos taken by her and Carol's other support on that last leg,

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to talk about and follow any Complete round attempts, Ramsay Rounds, to discuss and ask advice on day trips that you're planning, and anything else Munros related.

Jamie Aaron's tracker - completed in new record of 31d 10h 27m
geotracks.co.uk

About Jamie's challenge
jamiesmunrochallenge.run

Link to Donnie Campbell's tracker for his record breaking munro round - 31d 23h 2m
live.opentracking.co.uk

Ramsay Round ramsaysround.co.uk