Manchester Marathon 2024

18 watchers
14 Apr
10:30am, 14 Apr 2024
23,729 posts
  •  
larkim
Run well everyone, the weather gods have smiled on you so "luck" has done all it can. The rest is up to you!!
14 Apr
5:06pm, 14 Apr 2024
5,571 posts
  •  
FergusG
Missed my target today (3:34 instead of the intended 3:15) but the crowds were great. I took a walking break over the last two miles, and received ten-times as many shouts (at ten-times the volume) of encouragement and compliments as those who were still running.

Didn’t catch the name of the Fetchie spectator who said hello in those final two miles. My head was too mushed to ask!
14 Apr
5:29pm, 14 Apr 2024
1,312 posts
  •  
CasB
Well done FergusG, sounds like you had a tougher day than expected Completely agree about the crowds, they were in excellent voice!

I really enjoyed (most of!) my run, had a nice steady 18 miles and then began to fade, but am super happy to come away with 3:58 for a nine-minute PB and my first sub-4. My legs are fairly underwhelmed right now though!
14 Apr
7:27pm, 14 Apr 2024
5,576 posts
  •  
FergusG
That a healthy chunk off your PB, and you’ve claimed a Sub-4 too. You should be super-happy indeed. Well done!
14 Apr
9:54pm, 14 Apr 2024
1,014 posts
  •  
sparklecloud
Well done everyone!

I didn't quite hit my time goal (finished in 4:21:28, had hoped for 4:15), but was really happy to knock more than two hours off my marathon PB (I used to be a lot slower) AND manage my first ever nonstop marathon (no stopping or walking, ran the whole way)!
14 Apr
10:29pm, 14 Apr 2024
5,577 posts
  •  
FergusG
Good work sparklecloud - that’s a massive PB!
15 Apr
5:56am, 15 Apr 2024
2,261 posts
  •  
Shades
Well done Manchester runners, some great results.

sparklecloud - wow that's some PB, brilliant
15 Apr
2:54pm, 15 Apr 2024
75 posts
  •  
SteveBelfast
I had a great time in Manchester, well organised and the support was unbelievable. Really helped me hit my goal. Seen FergusG (you cant miss that FERC top) on one of the switchbacks in town. I also learned that the course isnt flat flat, theres a few bumps in there. Great running all round. Still thinking about Manchester 25, id better make my mind up
15 Apr
4:05pm, 15 Apr 2024
1,315 posts
  •  
CasB
Such an impressive chunk off your PB sparklecloud, congratulations!

Well done also SteveBelfast, great job hitting your target and yes there were some absolute walls of noise weren't there. I definitely became less impressed by the inclines as the race went on :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by jda
!4 April 2024

Declared interest:

jda (DNS)
rhb
sparklecloud
allmatthew
CasB
solo
FergusG