Bupa great north run

30 watchers
Sep 2010
10:38pm, 7 Sep 2010
2,165 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
thanks Lisrun I figure its the next best thing and may turn out to be THE best thing :) looking forward to hyping up the plans in the next week :):):)
Sep 2010
12:48am, 8 Sep 2010
100 posts
  •  
ZingyLemonade
Hey folks,
Do they have pacers in the GNR? I mean the people who have a specific time on a banner so you can just follow them round. Been years since i did this.
Sep 2010
12:48am, 8 Sep 2010
101 posts
  •  
ZingyLemonade
Hey folks,
Do they have pacers in the GNR? I mean the people who have a specific time on a banner so you can just follow them round. Been years since i did this.
Sep 2010
6:59am, 8 Sep 2010
3,673 posts
  •  
Pestomum
GG - you hype away girl :-) :-) :-) I'll look out for you all in the crowd.

I'm not sure that I remember official pacers but it's a while since I ran this last. Might be worth asking on RW too...
Sep 2010
9:10am, 8 Sep 2010
1,632 posts
  •  
Lisrun
Zingy - I have seen pacers one year, but not recently.

Of course if you are a celebrity you will get your own personal pacer......
Sep 2010
9:15am, 8 Sep 2010
255 posts
  •  
Spacegal
There were pacers last year. Or at least I saw one in my pen. Hoping it will be the same this year.
Sep 2010
10:54am, 8 Sep 2010
3 posts
  •  
Blunderwoman
Mine finally arrived yesterday - green zone H no. 35257. They've sent me two timing chips - hope they don't expect me to go round twice :-)
Sep 2010
11:30am, 8 Sep 2010
91 posts
  •  
gojosiego
Hey folks, I've not been on here for AGES!!! life has been way too manic for my liking. Aaaaanyway, my race pack has arrived.
Im Zone D 16600. I cannot remember what time I put down to get that zone??! I'm hoping for 2 hrs or slightly sub all being well. I suppose all dependant on crowds, congestion and my ability on the day !

So, I will need to decide where to stand in 'the zone'. Near the front???? Any advice out there?

Also I have a t-shirt predicament - I'm running for CF so won't be able to wear my fetch top :(
I could wear both and rotate on the way round but this may not be the most practical option :)
Sep 2010
12:18pm, 8 Sep 2010
54 posts
  •  
Slow-mo
Still no pack for me or OH. Mine is ballot place but OH is through a charity. Our postie's probably too busy delivering tax demands :-(
Sep 2010
1:30pm, 8 Sep 2010
1,426 posts
  •  
Battlecat
You can wear your Fetch top underneath the charity vest.

I'm in Zone D and I think I probably put down 1.45 as the target time. I've never had a choice where to stand in the zone - it's wherever I end up getting pushed to! I usually go left though as it's apparently less crowded.

I've never seen a pacer before although I heard a rumour that the slowest ones they do is 1.40 which would explain why I've never seen them.

Dave - if you want sub 90 you'll have to wear your Fetch colours - everyone knows they make you run faster. Or if you like you can borrow El Capitain's Sunderland shirt - that guarantees you run like f*** for the first few miles until you're out of Gateshead. I think you'll suit red & white stripes too :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by gadgy
Hi i see there are loads of fellow Fetchies in the GNR just wondering if there are a few hoping for...